Dang-it Bishop

I sail this ship, yo!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Life -- should be an everyday adventure

I've learned in the last few months that life doesn't always care what you think. Life isn't always going to go your way. Life doesn't wait on you... Sometimes, when you least expect it, life throws you a curve-ball...and that thing hits you square in the nuts. Other times it hits you right in the heart. And at that point life changes. I'm used to change. At this point in my life I have seen people come and go, made many bad decisions, been lost in the world of grief, and tangled in some misfortune. I'm here now, though, and I'm smiling, laughing and enjoying what I can. My sights are set on different things than many...I like to keep things simple. The more 'stuff' you have, the more you can lose. Experiences can never be taken away. When good people come into your life, treat them well. When individuals try to change you, move on. In short, life is precious. I think we know that. Reflection is a good thing, take the time to do it daily, if not more often. Stopping to smell the roses doesn't mean you actually have to stop anything, it means you have to start...smelling some roses. Someone once told me I was 'bad on paper'...makes me laugh actually cause it's true. They also told me more...lots of good stuff. I'm thankful for that individual. Maybe more than they will know, but I remind them daily. Do that, definitely do that!

No comments: